I just read Divergent by Veronica Roth. I’ve had the book for weeks, and my friends kept nagging me to read it because of how good it was. But truth be told, The Hunger Games had to be shoved down my throat(at least the first two pages). But, in the end, it was the amount of reading points that gave me the final push I needed to dive headfirst into one of my best reads this year.
No, seriously; I’m obsessed. I stayed up ALL might on a school night to finish Divergent, and then the second I finished it, I picked up Insurgent, which I’d also bought earlier. There is another great example of times when I’m lazy enough to shock myself…
On the other hand, I’m glad I waited this long, because I only have to wait a few months for the third installment to come out. I’m not one that enjoys waiting for things, and I can only reread a book so many times…
That said, it’s a great book. It’s got some serious action, humor, the right amount of drama, and romance without a love triangle! That, to me, was one of the best parts- I HATE LOVE TRIANGLES. Here’s the link to a better summary: http://www.amazon.com/Divergent-Book-1-Veronica-Roth/dp/0062024035
Now that I’ve raved a bit about my new favorite book, I would like to address the title of this post. My initial idea was to think about what might be in my fear landscape. So, I’ve come up with a few things:
8) The Kool-Aid Man – He could crash through the wall at ANY time. Enough Said.
7) Parasites (Ticks, HeartWorms, Tapeworms, etc.) – I mean, honestly. Who wants a parasite? They’re not cute.
6) Learning to Pay My Own Taxes – I suck at math, okay…
5) Being Buried Alive – To me, suffocation sounds like the worst possible death, by far.
4) China Dolls – They’re always watching…
3) Spiders – The sight of them doesn’t terrify me, but they vanish before I can
kill… I mean set them free outside. So, how do I know if they’re still there or not? How do I know they won’t come and drink my blood while I sleep?!
Couch, here I come!
2) The Deaths of My Favorite Fictional Characters (Why, Finnick? Why?!) – They are real to ME, okay???
1) Myself – I can get pretty crazy…
Yeah, that’s about it. What would be in your fear landscape?
P.S. To those of you who voted “yes” to the “Should I Go Ice-Skating” Poll, I went. And guess what else I did?
Sprained my ankle. I know, right? I warned you I was clutsy! But I had fun though, and it was nice to be invited.